Aims and Scope
Advanced Photonics is a highly selective, open-access, international journal that publishes innovative research in all areas of optics and photonics, including fundamental and applied research. The journal publishes top-quality original papers, letters, and review articles, reflecting significant advances and breakthroughs in theoretical and experimental research and novel applications with considerable potential.
The journal seeks high-quality, high-impact articles across the entire spectrum of optics, photonics, and related fields with specific emphasis on the following acceptance criteria:
- New concepts in terms of fundamental research with great impact and significance
- State-of-the-art technologies in terms of novel methods for important applications
- Reviews of recent major advances and discoveries and state-of-the-art benchmarking.
The journal also publishes news and commentaries highlighting scientific and technological discoveries, breakthroughs, and achievements in optics, photonics, and related fields.
Research areas covered include:
- Photonic devices and systems for communications
- Photonics for clean energy
- Photonics in chemistry, biology, and medicine
- Optical imaging, metrology, and sensors
- Photonics for data storage, data manipulation, and displays
- Materials, artificial materials, and nanostructures for photonics
- Photonics in quantum technologies
- Nonlinear and ultrafast optics
- Optoelectronics and optical information processing
- Optical manipulation techniques, optomechanics, and optofluidics
Researchers may submit manuscripts beginning in spring 2018. Detailed submission information and author guidelines will be forthcoming.
The first bimonthly issue will be published in January 2019. Articles will be published online as they are reviewed, accepted, copyedited, and typeset, starting in late 2018.
All articles will be open access (CC BY) with the article publication charge waived in the first year.
|Xiao-Cong (Larry) Yuan, PhD
College of Optoelectronics
Nanophotonics Research Center
"Advanced Photonics devotes its topics to the emerging fields of optical science and technologically practical applications of optics. These topics are selected to cover the new and fast growing areas in the optics and photonics community. The journal aims to promote high-quality publications and high-impact research in the world."
|Anatoly Zayats, PhD
King's College London
Photonics and Nanotechnology Group
"We aim to make Advanced Photonics a trusted source of groundbreaking research in optics and optical technologies. With benefits provided by open access, we hope the journal will be on the reading list of all researchers interested in new trends in photonic sciences."